Today was a really beautiful spring day. Natalee has been begging to walk to the Peace Chapel. So today, we invited Kelly and Will to walk with us.
 |
| The Redbuds are beautiful right now. |
While at the Peace Chapel, I started to remember a similar walk that we did 3 years ago. It was also a beautiful day in May. And, we took Kelly and Will to the Peace Chapel.
 |
| Brady traversing the stones in 2010. |
 |
| Brady today. See how big he has gotten over the last 3 years! |
 |
| Amie is now almost the same age Brady was during our visit in 2010. |
 |
| Here is Will in 2010. I remember that he stuck to Meg's side. He would not let her alone! |
I was also reminiscing that today was our first hike to the Peace Chapel without Meg :( It was incredibly sad. There are so many reminders of her every single day.
 |
| Will today! |
 |
| The kids were running around like CRAZY. |
 |
| But, all of the sudden, they got T I R E D. Do you see Brady rubbing his eyes, Will with his tongue hanging out, and Natalee with her shoulders slumped? |
 |
| Now, they are marching over to us to complain and whine. "I'm hot." "I need a drink." "It's hot." For the record, it was NOT hot. It was just above 70 degrees, which I call perfect! |
May 19, 2010:
May 2, 2013:
Despite all of their whining and complaining, I now know that the kids did enjoy the walk to the Peace Chapel today. During our bed time prayers, they both prayed thanksgiving that they got to walk to the Peace Chapel with their friend, Will.
If you would like to reminisce and see more pictures from the 2010 walk, go
here.
Comments
Post a Comment